1. Export Potential Statistics for Confectionery in 2024
According to preliminary statistics from the General Department of Customs, the export of confectionery and cereal products from Vietnam experienced a significant surge in August 2023. This is considered one of the four fastest-growing product categories.
Specifically, in August 2023, the export value of this category reached over 130 million USD, a 55% increase compared to the previous month. Accumulatively for the first 8 months of the year, the export of confectionery and cereal products amounted to over 682 million USD, a slight increase of 4.3% compared to the same period last year.
Key importers of this category from Vietnam are the United States, Japan, South Korea, Cambodia, and China, accounting for 16.1%, 7.5%, 6.16%, 5%, and 5.94% respectively.
2. HS Code for Confectionery and Export Tariffs for Confectionery
The HS code for confectionery depends on the type chosen by the importing business. According to the preferential Import-Export Tax Schedule issued alongside Decree No. 125/2017/NĐ-CP of the Government, confectionery falls into the following subgroups:
Subgroup 17.04: Includes various types of sugar confectionery (including white chocolate), not containing cocoa.
Subgroup 18.06: Includes cocoa and other food preparations containing cocoa.
Subgroup 19.05: Includes bread, pastry, cakes, biscuits, and other bakers' wares, whether or not containing cocoa; communion wafers, sealing wafers, rice paper, and similar products.
Subgroup 20.07: Includes jams, fruit jellies, marmalades, fruit or nut puree and fruit or nut pastes, obtained by cooking, whether or not containing added sugar or other sweetening matter.
Export tariffs for confectionery are 0%.
3. Export Documentation for Confectionery
- Export Contract (Purchase Order or Contract): A contract between you and the foreign buyer, specifying terms regarding quantity, price, delivery time, and other conditions.
- Commercial Invoice: An important document showing information about the goods, value, unit price, and total value of the transaction.
- Packing List: Information about packaging specifications, quantity, weight, and dimensions of the goods.
- Certificate of Origin (C/O): Confirms the origin of the goods, necessary for enjoying tax benefits.
- Bill of Lading or Airway Bill: This document confirms the delivery of goods for shipment. Bill of Lading is used for sea transportation, while Airway Bill is used for air transportation.
- Other Documents (if required): Special documents depending on the requirements of the importing party. Health certificates or CFS may be needed along with the basic set of documents.
4. Export Procedure for Confectionery
Step 1: Obtain the necessary permits and documents in Vietnam as required by the foreign importer at the competent authority.
Step 2: Conduct sales activities and finalize the export contract for confectionery.
Step 3: Perform customs procedures. Either do it yourself or hire a customs clearance service for the exporter in Vietnam.
Step 4: Book shipping services: Select a specialized Forwarder for the route you need to get a good price and reduce risks during transportation.
Step 5: Transport the confectionery containers from the warehouse to the port, and prepare the Certificate of Origin (CO) as required by the customer.
Step 6: Perform customs procedures at the destination country's port. Either do it yourself or hire a customs clearance service (depending on the agreement between parties and the chosen Incoterm to determine responsibilities).
Step 7: Transport the confectionery goods from the port of entry to the storage warehouse.
5. Eimskip's Confectionery Export Service
Eimskip's confectionery export service provides comprehensive transport and customs procedures support to businesses in exporting their products. Specifically, this service includes:
Export Consultation: Providing guidance and advice on the necessary procedures for confectionery exports.
Customs Procedures: Services for obtaining CO, services for obtaining import-export licenses, services for obtaining food safety and hygiene certificates, etc. Details about customs declaration services at Eimskip.
Eimskip will help businesses save time and effort in their confectionery export process while ensuring compliance with regulations and standards related to the food industry.
If you are looking for a reliable and professional solution for customs clearance across borders, contact us at Eimskip. We will accompany you, helping you overcome all challenges and bringing success to your business.
EIMSKIP VIETNAM CO., LTD
Address: 96 Cao Thắng Street, Ward 4, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
Hotline mobile: 091 922 6984 (Mr. Long)